Thursday, April 17, 2014

NaPoWriMo Day Sixteen (plus)






Why I Didn't Write This on the Sixteenth
or letter to my (non-existent) teacher

by Dot Hearn



It's the sixteenth day of National Poetry Writing Month.
No, to be honest, it is now the seventeenth day;
I didn't write a poem on the sixteenth but
I'm writing this poem for the sixteenth because
the sixteenth was a very busy day
with appointments back to back
which ended
with watching Othello again
in preparation
for next week
when we'll be interpreting the play
and interpreting Shakespeare into sign language
is quite complicated
requiring translation from the Shakespeare era English
to modern English and then
and only then
can we begin translating it to
American Sign Language.

So it's really the seventeenth day of NaPoWriMo
but I've written this poem to honor
the sixteenth
which was - did I tell you? -
a very busy day.




No comments: