Monday, April 28, 2014

NaPoWriMo Day 27: (really) curtal sonnet

*
So today I decided to back up and attempt an actual curtal sonnet. And I did it! Although I am a bit liberal in my rhyming.

The prompt today from NaPoWriMo:
a poem written from a photograph. There are four below, one of which I hope will catch your fancy. But if you’ve a particular photo in mind that you’d like to use, go right ahead.

one of the photos from NaPoWriMo














Movement / Nature
by Dot

Flow me down toward swifter current
as pebbles crunch under circular rubber
and green blades slice through vacant air
Purple and yellow growths sprout and scent
the clouds which rumble in their slumber
while the river meanders by without a care

Human powered machine that I am
outside the confines and unencumbered
by city streets with lights and traffic there
I'm like the water to the dam
wind in my hair

*

No comments: