Saturday, April 5, 2014

NaPoWriMo Day Five

*
I'm not using the NaPoWriMo Prompt today. It's a good one - but I've spent all day in a writing workshop with Lidia Yuknavitch, writing, listening, writing. And my poem comes from reflecting on that experience over dinner, with a bottle of a nice, dry, crisp local cider.


Digging Deep and Resurfacing
by Dot Hearn

Pen etches deeper
memories dig deeper
sand crabs running away
escape pen chasing
paper screams
Heart beating blood pumping
breath
one two three out
pen
etching onward unrelenting
invisible clock ticking we breathe
together
the twelve in the room / writing
one
watching feeling the rhythm
watching faces breathing
seeing words flow
seeing words stick
seeing air pause
one more, she says
give me one more
breathe
again, give me another
keep going
we do / pens moving
hearts beating
pens etching
words itching out
we can't turn away.
Time. Water recedes.
We surface. Swimming.



No comments: