Monday, April 7, 2014

NaPoWriMo Day Seven

*
from NaPoWriMo:
Today’s prompt is to write a love poem . . . but the object of the poem should be inanimate. You can write a love poem to your favorite pen, the teddy bear you had as a child (and maybe still have), or anything else, so long as it’s not alive!

*

My Pink/Red Buddha Machine
by Dot Hearn



made of lightweight plastic
"neon red" they call it
"fluorescent pink" I call it

sound box

nine loops of trance beats
ambient sounds
tabla drone-tone long drawn out
meditation looping
soothing
reverberating
rhythms like my heart

beat

like my heart never ending
pumping quiet begin and begin
again to the end the beginning
to the end and back around

sound box

sitting on my desk
while I do my taxes
while I compose a tough email
while I contemplate my existence
while I dream
while I quiet rising anxiety
while

breathe

little plastic box, on / off
simple analog mechanics
with complex tones soothe
regulate breath
focus in focus out
sound builds recedes
like a flame in the breeze

sound box

you've changed my world.

The FM3 Buddha Machine

No comments: