Saturday, April 30, 2011

Dot's NaPoWriMo - bring it on home

Okay - so I backed off of Script Frenzy to work on the memoir. Yes - I found a limit. Script Frenzy plus NaPoWriMo plus the Wayward Writers in Ariel Gore's Literary Kitchen plus the memoir and teaching and working my freelance and part-time jobs full-time. Whoa. Hit the wall. Bye bye Script Frenzy. Then NaPoWriMo started lagging so I started writing the haikus in batches, thinking I could do it that way. And here is is April 30th, the last day, and although I thought I was only less than a week behind, I logged onto this website to discover

tada

I am 10 days behind.

So: do I give this up too or write hurriedly away to get another 10 done? Oh - and I still have to finish this week's Wayward assignment and do feedback on this week's quick write (which I just did yesterday or the day before).

Yes: forging ahead. I will not give up both Script Frenzy and National Poetry Month (though I did buy CK William's "Wait" and Adrienne Rich's "No Poetry Tonight Will Serve" - so I have given tribute). But, I will write 10 haikus before midnight.

Yes. I can do that. Here goes....

#21
shadows from the clouds
cats hunker down, watching birds
still singing up high

#22
writers gathering
nervous, excited, open
two hours slip away

#23
improvisation
contact improvisation
body touching souls

#24
actors sing and sway
lights open, brighten, and fade
applause, smiles linger

#25
path of innocence
white buds on the new tree bloom
moss smothers the grass

#26
neighborhood parade
I missed it, we were writing
street closed signs remain

#27
ice returns to water
hard earth becomes moist, pliable
cherry tree blooms pink

#28
you said you love me
you said you would never leave
you said goodbye. tears.

#29
kombucha gurgles
alchemical reaction
turns sweetness to sour

#30
this is the last day
of NaPoWriMo this year
thirty days of poems


by Dot.

No comments: